Fishing regulations within Herrestadsfjällets Fishing Permit Area
Lakes, fish stocks etc.
Herrestads fishing permit area covers the following lakes:
Rainbow trout (put and take), pike and perch. Disabled friendly fishing.
Rainbow trout (put and take), salmon trout and perch.
Rainbow trout (put and take) and minnow. Only fly fishing with rod and line.
Salmon trout and perch.
- Permits are valid for a period of 24 hours as from any requested time of the day.
- Permits are personal and must contain the holder's name to be valid.
- Children under the age of 16 can fish without permit, in company of a guardian with a valid permit. The quota for kept fish is limited to three of a salmon type per permit.
About the fishing
- The fishing permit is valid for maximum 1 rod and line. Three flies, one spinner or one hook may be used with the rod.
- It is only permitted to fish from land.
- The use of live fish bait is not permitted.
- The quota for caught fish is limited to three of a salmonid per permit.
- Caught salmonid must be at least 25 cm long to be kept, otherwise they must be returned to the water.
- Trout caught in Smedsvattnet and St. Örevattnet from 1th October to 30th November must be put back in the water immediately.
- Fishing is not permitted in the stream between Smedsvattnet och St. Örevattnet and for a distance of 50 meters either side of the point where a stream enters the lake.
Violation of the regulations is treated as illegal fishing. Controls are carried out regularly
by the fishing inspector, who, on discovering a violation of regulations, confiscate the fishing equipment and report the incident to the police.